This Blog contains recipes, thoughts, whats cooking at home and mostly things related to Bar-B-Que. Come on in, look around & read up on my
"Bar-B-Que Adventures"

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Smokers & Grill`s

I thought its about time to introduce you all to my smokers. First of all my main cooker is a Diamond Plate Products Big 40 out of San Antonio Texas. This one towed by my little blue truck burns all wood for flavor & heat. I have also added a removable 2ft x 3ft grill to the for firing up and cooking that sweet sauce on ribs and such. We have also used the grill at concession situations all over town. Grilled up some chicken legs, riblets & even polish dogs for the kids. About the fire box there is a water box for steaming your meat to get it extra moister.
















My main smoker for home use is a Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker. Load this one up with charcoal briquettes or lump charcoal, add a few chunks of wood such as apple and your set for long cooks in the 14-18 hour range. I liked this one so much i have two of them. Great little smokers, makes the best pulled pork i have ever tasted. Here is a link to find out all about how they work and what you can cook at home on one just like it. http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/












Next we have a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker that i like to use for bacon, fatties, sausages & chicken. It will give you all the smoke flavor with ease of use. Although it doesn't produce a smoke ring(another topic) like wood, charcoal or lump. It`s still a nice smoker to use for winter time cooks. Little to no tending of the fire like my other smokers. In my opinion electric smokers will produce a smoke/cooked product very similar to a commercial smoked meat. Even consistent heat & most like this one is insulated to retain heat. Link to Masterbuilt products...http://www.masterbuilt.com/








Well that's the main smokers i use. I have one other Weber product i use a lot at home & that is a Weber One Touch Gold charcoal grill. It sports a 22 1/2 inch grill grate for grilling up steaks, burger, brats, chicken or what ever you like to cook. I use the heck out of this grill. Fire it up with lump charcoal add a hand full of chips like cherry wood for a "kiss of smoke" flavor and your cookin with live fire my friend! Here is a link to all Weber products... Weber stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment